Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

About Me

Hi!

So this is my very first blogging experience. I have a feeling it will be a slightly rocky start but hopefully I will be able to keep up with it and really make it my own.

A Little About Me
I am a mother of four, three wonderful little boys and a beautiful little princess. I am married to my best friend in the world and I think he is literally me in man form :). I was born and raised in Arizona and I have a nagging suspiscion I will never leave. I was very active in high school playing volleyball and running track. Despite working in call centers in front of a computer for about ten years, I have always been in relatively good shape .

After my first and second pregnancies I had four years to get back into shape and feel somewhat comfortable with my body. When I got pregnant with my third baby, there were mild complications that left me on bed rest for two months. Once I had my son and he was safe and healthy, I was glad to get back to getting myself back into shape. Then my husband and I took our first adult vacation in two years and let's just say what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas! Our baby girl was born just 13 months after our son. My last pregnancy had similar setbacks to my third pregnancy only they got worse. I ended up being on bedrest for most of my pregnancy and if you have never had to be on bedrest let me just tell you, eating is really the only thing you do lol.

Now that I am done having babies (Four is plenty for us), I am ready to become comfortable with my body again. My biggest goal is to get my body in shape so I will be healthy and capable of keeping up with all four of my kiddos. I want to set a good example for them so they don't fall victim to the video games and the computer games that keep so many people from being active and healthy. Oh, a little FYI, I severely dislike video games. Obviously anything in moderation is fine but when the games take over your life and they become your soul focus, in my mind, that is a problem. If you disagree with me on that fact you may want to just stop reading. Of course, chances are if you have been sucked in to the video game world you probably aren't reading anyway so enough on that subject :) Back to me ;)

The Blog Name
So the blog name took me some time to think about. There are so many things I am very passionate about and I want to share a lot of things but mostly I want to help myself in keeping track of my goals and accomplishments. CRa-Z is really sort of an acronym.
  • The C stands for cooking. I LOVE to cook. If I could do it for a living and be successful and have normal working hours, I totally would. I love trying out new recipes and helping my family eat yummy meals that they will remember when they get older.
  • The R stands for running. Recently I discovered that I really do enjoy running! I started training because I found out there are marathons that run through the Disney parks and I am a self proclaimed Disney freak. Naturally I had to check it out. This blog is begininng along with my training program for my first half marathon. Look how lucky you are, you get to follow my progress along with me. ;)
  • The Z stands for zumba! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to zumba. I joined my cousin at a gym to work out in preparation for her wedding. We saw some ladies in a class that were dancing like crazy and I was intrigued. The next day I took my first class and I was hooked. I had to take time off of zumba after only a month because of the pregnancies but I was VERY excited to get back into it this year.
My Goals
I am starting this blog as a way to track my progress in training for my first half marathon. I have many other goals that I will not list just yet because it will be harder to accomplish everything I want to if I try to do it all at once. Along the way I am sure there will be a lot of posts that have nothing to do with my training but I will try to include something about my training in each post.
  • I want to compete in a half marathon and eventually be able to finish one in 2 hours. (Slightly ambitious)
  • I want to complete a coast to coast challenge through Disney where I run in a Disneyland half marathon and a Disney World have marathon in the same year.
  • I want to eat healthier and make sure my kids are getting the nutrition they need to be healthy and happy kiddos.
  • I want to get into shape so I can keep up with my kids.
Negativity will not help me with any of these goals so I will be doing my best to stay positive and keep it real here on my blog.

Happy reading all!

No comments:

Post a Comment